1 Cup Dried Lentils
1 1/2 cups Dried Chickpeas
1 Medium Size Onion (Chopped fine)
4-6 Stalks Scallions
4 Roma Tomatoes (Diced)
1 Bunch Thyme
1/4 Bunch Chopped Curly Parsley (use as garnish when complete)
4 Cloves of Garlic (Peeled, Crushed, & Minced)
1-2 Thumbs of Fresh Ginger (Finely Chopped)
1-3 Heaping Tbsp of Sea moss gel
2 Cups Fresh Coconut milk (or 1 Can Organic Coconut Milk)
1 Habanero pepper
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Allspice
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
Sea Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
1) Soak Chickpeas and Lentils separately overnight, or for their individual minimum soak times. Chickpeas 8 hours. Lentils 2 hours.
2) Drain and rinse separately, and thoroughly.
3) Remove any bad chickpeas, or lentils from their respective batches.
4) Add to pressure cooker. It is recommended that you pressure cook the chickpeas and the lentils separately. This way, you can take the amount that you need for the recipe and freeze the rest for later use. See our How To Pressure Cook Chickpeas article for detailed instructions.
5) Chop and mince all the necessary ingredients listed above.
6) Turn stove temp to med-high and add coconut oil to the pot.
7) Add onions, ginger, scallions, garlic, thyme, & habanero pepper.
8) Saute until onions are translucent.
9) Add 1/2 cup spring water and continue sauteing.
10) Add Diced tomatoes and continue mixing for 3 minutes.
11) Add coconut milk and sea moss gel and mix for another 1-3 minutes.
12) Add cooked lentils to this pot and stir.
13) Add chickpeas and continue to mix.
14) Cover for 10 minutes on a med-low heat.
15) Serve as is, or with your favorite side dishes
Now you are ready to serve and enjoy!!
Click below for video companion.